Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Wallet

I made the duct tape wallet on the left 3 years ago just before I left on a trip for Ireland. It once looked shiny and new like the one I just made (on the right) yesterday. I think it was definitely time for a new one!

I used paper as the base for the construction and pieced it together bit by bit.


I have about a dozen library cards and an address book and a million bits of paper and such that for some reason I feel I must have in my wallet, so I need something pretty large. This wallet has a three tiered section for all my cards (below) and a large pouch opposite for my address book, receipts and cash.

I love the way it turned out! The great thing about duct tape is it lasts forever and is easy to repair!  Eat your heart out Kate Spade!!!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Lovely shiny new wallet court! I'm amazed at how you just created the new one simply by looking at your old one!

schbvonne said...

Ding dong the witch is dead! Your new one lookss great....maybe you made it a little bigger...maybe
The best thing about these wallets is the expression of which ever sales person helping you when you pull it out of your purse..I fukin love it. Hope you are well/

Courtney Cerruti said...

Thanks ladies! Yes, it being new and shiny and loud (the new velcro) makes every sales person do a double take, which is pretty annoying actually. I will be happy when its a bit more broken in. Thanks for the love!